It might be the end of January, but that doesn’t mean we’re ready to stop with the health streak. By now, most of us have cut down on alcohol and refined sugar (something we get way too much of during the holidays), and stepped up our exercise regime.
So what next? How about a detox?!
The next logical step to your New Year wellness plan is to detox. There are many ways to accomplish this, and we’ll outline some here. Check out these 5 ways to detox your body, naturally:
Drink More Water
Increasing your water intake is the number one way help your body detox. And? It’s free! This is what consuming more water will do for your body:
• Help release stored fluid, thereby decreasing puffiness.
• Clear the lymphatic system and assist in better blood circulation.
• Assist in better bowel movements, which helps detox the colon.
• Help your skin (your largest organ!) clean itself from the inside out, which clears up acne.
• Fills your stomach, which helps you to feel satiated longer between meals (ultimately assisting your digestive system in taking a load off).
Juicing fruit and vegetables is a great way to get loads of antioxidants and vitamins into your body very quickly. Juicing also helps your body detox, by:
• Flooding your body with nutrients it desperately needs.
• Assisting in better quality bowel movements (again, good for the colon).
• Increases the amount of liquids entering your body, which helps to decease puffiness and flush out your urinary tract and digestive system (which both can harbor E. coli).
Adding NutraCleanse™ to your smoothies, oatmeal, baking, and whatever else you can manage will greatly help with the detoxification of your colon. Here’s why:
• NutraCleanse™ is comprised of over 90% flax seed, whose fibre helps to sweep the colon clean.
• Flax has also been shown to decrease blood pressure and blood sugar, which takes the pressure off various organs.
Use a Dry Skin Brush
If you’ve never used a dry skin brush, we think you’re missing out. By slowly and rhythmically brushing your skin from top to bottom in long, meticulous strokes, you accomplish the following:
• Detox the skin by removing dead skin cells, which allows your skin to breathe and glow.
• Awaken the lymphatic system by encouraging drainage of excess fluids (this is why you work from top to bottom), and stimulate the nervous system.
Sweat. Like, A LOT.
You might already be doing this, but if you’re not, get on board. Here’s why:
• Sweating detoxes the skin.
• The exercise you do to become sweaty increases circulation and moves excess fluids from the body.
• Your organs are being worked extra hard during a sweat session; this helps them to do their jobs better, and ultimately eliminate accumulated trash.
So board the New Year detox train, and remember, our suggestions are natural, non-harmful detox solutions. They’re all safe, effective, and inexpensive. And if you haven’t tried NutraCleanse™ yet, you’re definitely in for a treat.
Good luck, and enjoy!